Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2010 - What a year!


Easy all!

Welcome to the home of tOtALcULt on the web. Here you'll find a round-up of what I'm up to, info on my latest releases and even the odd freebie mix or track!

Well, what a year it's been. I've had an amazing time and I hope you have too.

What made this year so great for me?

I've had my music played by some of the DJs and artists I most admire, I've had releases on labels I'm used to buying from for their quality output, I've bagged myself a regular slot on an excellent net radio station and I've been involved in the launch of one of the best websites in the scene.

Yep, it's been an incredible 12 months.

It all kicked off in April, when I got my first release on the brand new Booty Pirates imprint:



After that it was a short hop, skip and a jump to my next release, this time on the mighty Pig Balls label (track 2 on the player below):



Then NuFunk.net was born. The brainchild of Hayz and Chris Awesome, the forum quickly became the focal point for the NuFunk scene on the web.

The blog, which I write for, featured interviews and exclusive track giveaways from the heaviest names in the scene, from Sly Players and Badboe to Nick Thayer and Fort Knox Five.


NuFunk.net began to snowball, and soon a launch party was held with a massive line-up of DJs including myself, Hayz, Chris Awesome, Johnny Pluse, Hong Kong Ping Pong and a headline set from Badboe.





Later, the NuFunk.net team launched Boogie Boutique, a monthly London residency and record label representing the best in the international NuFunk scene.

Next came my show on RAMP FM, the home of bigbeat, breaks and good ol' fashioned funk on the internet airwaves.


The 'Old To The Nu' show is a monthly podcast playing the freshest NuFunk releases alongside classic hip-hop, funk, soul and disco. You can listen on the player below, subscribe here, check it on iTunes here and visit the home page of the show here.









And that brings us almost up to date on this incredible year in the life! Thanks to everyone who has inspired me, supported me, played my tracks or just made great and inspirational music - you know who you are and you all played a part!

So that's it for now, but don't forget to subscribe and check back regularly for freebies and exclusive updates.